Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 4th Weekend

I've been slacking with the blogging and I just realized I never blogged about my July 4th Weekend. =( I'll have to adjust my blog date. Here goes.

FRIDAY
Heather's birthday at El Pollo Inka  (see photos) and then karaoke at Phaze. We went to this taco place after but I didn't eat anything. It was fun. Got home around 3 and slept at 4.

SATURDAY
So I was awake at 6am by a text asking if we are going to Vegas. I responded that I didn't know, texted other people, and went back to sleep. I got a call this time at 8am. And I said I'll call other people and find out. J said yes. S didn't pick up. Then went back to sleep. 10am, I got a text and a call. By this time, I decided that I wasn't going to be able to get more sleep. So I got up and showered. Finally 12pm, we decided to go. We left my house at 4:45pm and got to Vegas before 9. We had In-N-Out then checked in to Treasure Island. We immediately started drinking and finally made it outside to walk around. Never got past Caesar's when we turned back. After, I gambled a bit. Slept at like...4ish? 5?

SUNDAY
Woke up around 10 wanting to hit the pool. By the time we all got up, changed, and drank, it was 12ish haha. It was awesome. That was why I wanted to go to Vegas so badly. Laying on the lounge chair, an ice cold beer in my hand, the sun saturating my skin. That was the BEST part of the weekend. We chilled at the pool for awhile then got hungry so we went back to the room to change. We walked to Earl of Sandwich. Amazing sandwiches. YUMM. We walked back and then the boys napped in the room while H and I went back to the pool to nap. :) We came back into the room some time later, and I think I crawled into bed and napped some more. We got ready to go out. We went to Jet because it was closeby but the line was SO LONG. I guess it was because Nelly was there. So we walked onto Pure at Caesar's. J's military ID got us in without waiting (AND free for the girls!) so that was pretty awesome. We drank and danced and then I spotted a cute guy. I told H but I wasn't gonna do anything haha. 10 minutes later, I find myself dancing with him. We danced for a long time and then decided to go out for some air. By this time, my friends had already left me alone with him. So we talked and stuff. It was cool until I found out his age. I'm a freakin cougar!!!! :( I tried ditching him but didn't work. Ended up meeting up with the group at Earl's again for late night snacking. Finally parted ways with him saying how we had to leave early in the morning so we should be heading back to the room. We didn't end up sleeping until like 6. Good times!

MONDAY
Got up at 9. Left Vegas 10ish. Got home by 3.

It was the best July 4th weekend I've ever had :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers